Date:      Wed, 9 May 2001 20:19:06 -0400 (EDT)
From:      User Ipt Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        david@banning.com (David Banning)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail - masquerading user name

	Ok, what's the trick.  I have tried the following with no luck.

telnet mail.yahoo.com smtp
telnet smtp.mail.yahoo.com smtp
telnet smtp.yahoo.com smtp

	Each just sits there and I get no response.  I do get the names resolved
so I know that these are correct names.  What are you using for your smtp
relay?  In my mailbox, the only option I found is for POP pickup and
forwarding to another address.  I do POP pickup now.  I don't have an FQDN so
I couldn't have my mail forwarded directly to my box. When I do the same
telnet using smtp.earthlink.net smtp, I get a response.  It looks like for
now I'm going to have to keep using smtp.earthlink.net.

Ian

--
Have blue screens given you the blues, go to www.freebsd.org for the cure.