Date:      Mon, 14 May 2001 13:54:19 +0200
From:      Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>
To:        Mark Hughes <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
Cc:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>, Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Read command timeout

On Mon, May 14, 2001 at 12:09:57PM +0100, Mark Hughes wrote:
> I'd be happy to, unfortunately over a 56k modem link it would take me two
> straight days to download it - which in and of itself isn't too bad,
> however not using the modem for those two days while it's downloading
> is...

Two days? Although a modem is not exactky a speed demon it is not *that*
slow. When I originally installed 3.1 over a 33.6k modem link it was more
like 15 hours total. With a 56k modem and if you do a barebones installation
I would be surprised if it took you more than about 10 hours. A bit of time
granted, but quite a bit less than two days.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson