Date:      Wed, 6 Jun 2001 22:10:44 +0200
From:      Udo Erdelhoff <ue@nathan.ruhr.de>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Cc:        "G. Adam Stanislav" <adam@whizkidtech.net>
Subject:   Re: Assembly language tutorial

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy

Moin,
On Mon, Jun 04, 2001 at 10:31:01PM -0500, G. Adam Stanislav wrote:
> Ok, it's ready now. I have fixed all SGML errors and built a handbook
> with it successfully. I have also added line breaks so the SGML code
> is readable by humans.

I couldn't resist to take a quick peek and have two comments:

Why do you use the full-fledged variant of creating links to manual pages?
&man.as.1; is way shorter than <citerefentry><refentrytitle>as\
</refentrytitle><manvolnum>1</manvolnum></citerefentry>. And there is a
&man.foo.bar; for almost every single manpage on the system.

And the formatting and indentation needed a couple pats with a hammer,
please take a look at chapter 10.1 of the FDP primer. The URL is
http://www.freeBSD.org/tutorials/docproj-primer/writing-style.html#AEN2973

> Again, the URL is http://www.int80h.org/bsdasm/x86.sgml and it is ready
> to be committed.

I've already fixed the formatting and indentation (suppe plus some manual
fixes) as well as the citerefentry stuff. I've put a snapshot online at
http://people.freebsd.org/~ue/x86-snapshot.sgml for fruther review. I
thought about posting a diff, but the diff is longer than the document
itself...

/s/Udo
--=20

--gBBFr7Ir9EOA20Yy