Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 06:16:21 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au
Cc:        jlemon@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/netinet fil.c ip_auth.c ip_auth.h ip_compat.h         ip_fil.c ip_fil.h ip_frag.c ip_frag.h ip_ftp_pxy.c

From: Darren Reed <darrenr@reed.wattle.id.au>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 23:08:33 +1000 (EST)

> smaller.  It just complicates everything and makes FreeBSD 4.4 (and later)
> different enough from an IPFilter user perspective that it may as well be

I'm sorry, but I still don't understand quite what you're saying.  Are
the commands moving?  No, they're still in /sbin and whatnot.  Are the
sources becoming more difficult to build?  No, the Makefile stubs will
still cause it to be built from the new location in exactly the same
old way.  Will the kernel config options change?  No, they will also
stay the same.  Just what aspect of the "user perspective" am I
missing here?  I believe I've covered them all.

- Jordan