Date:      Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:18:13 +0200
From:      Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Rich Wilson <wk633@yahoo.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Mundie, Perens, GPL, BSD etc again

Rahul Siddharthan said on Jun 13, 2001 at 12:13:02:
> > "Copyright Regents of the University.... embedded in it" and "Gee, why
> > is Microsoft selling MS Office for MacOS X which is a BSD-based OS" and
>
> They'll take aim at MacOS X too.  It's a competitor.  The only reason
> they give for not porting Office to linux is that there is no demand
> for it.

Sorry, that was a bit incoherent.  I mean, they'll sell Office for
MacOS X because they want to sell Office to whoever will buy it, and
they realistically know the Mac market isn't going to die anytime
soon.  But that doesn't mean they're abandoning their Windows
Everywhere goal.  It won't stop them spreading fud to future customers
about Windows being professionally developed as opposed to MacOS X
being based on stuff put together by a bunch of hackers...