Date:      Sat, 16 Jun 2001 22:15:34 +0100
From:      j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   best permissions for local CVS tree?

Since i want to be able to perform cvs operations to update my source tree,
what is the best combination of directory permissions to do this, while
minimizing the number of operations required as root?

Do i chown both /home/ncvs and /usr/src to the user id i will use?

I think if i do this, cvsup reverts them.  I also don't like having too many
files so relaxed on permissions.  Or am i just paranoid?

Jonathon
--
Tech support:  Try this.  Arrange the parts in neat piles.  Stand on your
chair until you can see over your cubicle walls.  Now shout "Does anybody