Date:      Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:26:25 -0400
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   pcmcia insert/remove problems recently

Fairly recently I've been having more pcmcia problems with -STABLE on
my sony Z505HS.

At the moment most insert/remove events will work once or twice and
after that I either get the machine hanging up for a while and then
possibly coming back or just giving me null/null on any pcmcia card :/
I have to reboot to recover this.

I've been using the same configuration that I've been using for some
time and this used to happen, but only very rarely. Now it is
happening very frequently, and given that I'm at USENIX and using
wireless a great deal it's gotten very annoying ...

P.

--
pir                  pir@pir.net                    pir@net.tufts.edu