Date:      Thu, 26 Jul 2001 21:55:45 -0700
From:      Shawn Ramsey <shawn@cpl.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crashing every two hours!

I just upgraded one of our servers from 4.1.1. That server had never
crashed, or even needed to be rebooted. We just upgraded it to 4.3-Stable.
It was CVSupp'd around 10:00am yesterday. The world built w/o a hitch and no
errors during installation. Now, about every 2 and half hours, the system is
panicking. :( This is the error it gets :

panic: vm_fault fault on nofault entry, address d0b24000

I am about ready to try downgrading to 4.2-RELEASE. Will this be a problem?
Or does anyone know if telnetd in 4.1.1 can be patched against the recent
root exploit? This is the worst I have ever seen a FreeBSD machine act...
especially when the previous released OS had never crashed or even hippoced
once.

Thanks for any insight...