Date:      Sat, 8 Sep 2001 23:12:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
Subject:   emachines power off-on

	Hopefully someone who is using FBSD on an E-machines box
	can give me some clues re _why_ the power off and on
	is so quirky.

	When I was running SuSE, and did a shutdown -h now, the
	emachines box would shut down and turn the system off.
	Pressing the power button again brought things back up.
	When I installed FreeBSD a few months ago and did a
	shutdown -h now and power off by hand, trying to reset by hand
	did/does nothing.   I have to pull out the power cord and
	reinsert it.  (Obviously, I could put the power switch on
	a different power bar and hand-reset that way...)

	This is a ``safety'' feature or what?!  Jeez.... :-)

	TIA, y'all,

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix