Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 15:34:46 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Lars Eggert <larse@ISI.EDU>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Partial Success! (Re: PC-Card broken: 4.4-RC4 & Dell Latitude C600)

In message <3B9E81C4.5CB017D@isi.edu> Lars Eggert writes:
: This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.
:
: --------------ms43D583B9787C5C8A1F419995
:
: Warner,
:
: GOOD NEWS: I gave up and reinstalled the latest -STABLE from scratch.
: And the double-probe problems are gone! Must have been a local
: corruption, but exactly what was broken to cause that strange behavior
: beats me.

Yea!

: BAD NEWS: The system now freezes up when I eject some of my cards -
: ejecting others works (and all insertions work, too).
:
: 	Ejection -> OK			Ejection -> Hang
: 	Cisco Aironet 340		Linksys PCMPC100
: 	Lucent WaveLAN Gold		US Robotics XJ1560J
: 					3com 3C589D
: 					Linksys EC2T
:
: This is still with the default sysctl pcis settings.

Boo.  I'd guess that the eject is random.  I've had the PCMPC100 and
3C589C work on eject and the Aironet both work and fail on eject.

Warner