Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 11:38:32 -0800
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Patrick O Reilly <bsd@perimeter.co.za>
Cc:        Ken McGlothlen <mcglk@artlogix.com>, Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>, Nick Rogness <nick@rogness.net>, Chris Hill <chris@monochrome.org>, FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Registrar recommendations wanted

On Tue, Dec 04, 2001 at 06:14:12PM +0200, Patrick O Reilly wrote:
> > | I'm using www.gandi.net successfully.  It's in the $10 range as
> well but
> > | I don't know if they speak English or not.
> >
> > They do.  And they're pretty reasonable to deal with.
> >

> I have some domains at dotster.com.  Pricing seems similar to other
> posts on this thread.  I have no idea what they are like to deal with
> because everything is 100% automated via their web interface, and it
> has all worked perfectly so far!
>
> And they offer DNS hosting, web hosting, email accounts, etc. (at
> additional cost obviously).

	So: what've we got so far? gkg, gandi, and this one, dotster.
	I have a few months before my domain registration is up.  If
	I switch *now* to (say) gandi, does that mean that  gandi
	holds the registry and I won't have to deal with those NSol
	morons again?

	gary

--
   Gary Kline     kline@thought.org   www.thought.org     Public service Unix