Date:      Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:26:33 -0300 (ART)
From:      Fernando Gleiser <fgleiser@cactus.fi.uba.ar>
To:        Chris Appleton <appleton_chris@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipf and router

On Tue, 4 Dec 2001, Chris Appleton wrote:

> 207.250.250.1 IS the dsl router.  i want traffic
> destined for it to use rl0 and traffic for the rest of
> the subnet to use rl1.  then filter in between.  what
> would a rough table look like to accomodate this?

You dont need to set up a special routing table. just ifconfig rl0 with
the IP your isp gave you, and ifconfig rl1 with a private IP. The ifconfig
command sets the routes for the directly attached networks automagically for
you. Then enable IP forwarding (sysctl -w net.inet.ip.forwarding=1, or put
"gateway_enable=YES" in rc.conf), set your dsl router as the default route
and you are done.

In your first post I didn't see the entries corresponding to rl1, and I
suspect you haven't configured it yet.

				Fer