Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 11:25:40 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   newsyslog - backup logfile question

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

Quick question about newsyslog.  I suspect it's not possible, but it
can't hurt much to ask, right?

I often go thru logs on a daily basis, and often have to sort thru the
directory to find the current logs.  I wonder if it is possible to
have newsyslog, in addition to gzipping old logs, to put all gzipped
backups into a ./bak/ directory?  I know it has to know how many
backups it has kept, so I can't just move *.gz files in on a regular
basis - that would screw things up.  I found nothing in the manpage,
and I'm not sure where else to look.

Obviously this would be an easy enough feature to add, but I'm not
inclined to put yet another rod in the furnace just yet.

Thanks in advance.
Lou
--=20
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     =D4=BF=D4=AC

Mencken and Nathan's Fifteenth Law of The Average American:
  The worst actress in the company is always the manager's wife.

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw

--wac7ysb48OaltWcw--