Date:      Mon, 10 Dec 2001 12:58:58 -0600
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: request for enhancment: portupgrade

* Akinori MUSHA <knu@iDaemons.org> [011210 03:45] wrote:
> At Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:08:04 -0600,
> Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> > when doing portupgrade one doesn't see which port is actually being
> > built, this is epecially odd when doing portupgrade -a.
>
> Answer 1: Specify -v/--verbose from each command line, in the
> PORTUPGRADE environment variable, or in your own pkgtools.conf.
>
> Answer 2: Maybe I should make portupgrade more verbose even if -v
> isn't given.  Let me think about it.

I think #2 is good, i mean, without -v i see something like..

no need to upgrade foo-1.2.3
no need to upgrade bar-4.1
no need to upgrade baz-6.3.2
Cleaning aaa

The cleaning of 'aaa' isn't for baz, what is it for? :)

> > portupgrade blocks ^Z (suspend) or at least seems to.
>
> Yes, this is a known issue.  Do you know if or how I can keep
> script(1) from blocking SUSP?  I haven't figured it out yet..

Can you point me at where and why script(1) is run?
I may be able to assist.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
                           http://www.morons.org/rants/gpl-harmful.php3