Date:      Tue, 18 Dec 2001 15:53:39 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/sys/isa fd.c

In message <XFMail.011218143607.jhb@FreeBSD.org> John Baldwin writes:
: On 18-Dec-01 Joerg Wunsch wrote:
: > joerg       2001/12/18 14:16:33 PST
: >
: >   Modified files:
: >     sys/isa              fd.c
: >   Log:
: >   Change the test for _MACHINE_ARCH == i386 into #ifdef __i386__ since it
: >   otherwise breaks on the Alpha arch.  I think this is wrong since i'd
: >   actually like to probe for a PC architecture, not for a particular CPU
: >   type.  Anyway, now it's again the way it used to be.
:
: i386 is the architecture name we use.  I386_CPU is for a particular CPU.

__i386__ is defined on both FreeBSD/i386 and FreeBSD/pc98.  There's no
unique symbole for FreeBSD/i386, so that should be

#if defined(__i386__) && !defined(PC98)

if you want it only on PC-AT machines.  However, for this file, it is
moot since it isn't used on pc98 (pc98 has its own driver for fd,
iirc).

Warner