Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 05:01:39 +0200
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Anthony Atkielski <anthony@freebie.atkielski.com>
Cc:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Teaching parents UNIX

On 2001-12-30 06:54:25, Anthony Atkielski wrote:

> No.  Viruses are spread by careless users almost exclusively.  If you take
> even a few precautions, you won't be infected by viruses.

Well, precautions are not always enough.  Virus writers are using an
ever changing plethora of ways to spread their wickedness.  I have
seen a recent virus in action that infected machines when the user
simply 'viewed' a web page.  No attachment openings and stuff.

Precautions are not enough.

- Giorgos