Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 15:47:14 -0700
From:      Chad David <davidc@acns.ab.ca>
To:        "f.johan.beisser" <jan@caustic.org>
Subject:   Re: This guy is so far out

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 08:37:59AM -0800, f.johan.beisser wrote:

> redirected to -chat
>
> On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, BSD Mailing List wrote:

> > You guys have to check out this link
> > http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2001/12/2/42056/2147
> >
> > According to this guy, BSD and other versions of Linux are only
> > "illegal hacking operating systems".
>
> i think this article shows more of a lack of knowledge than "this guy is
> out there". he's ill informed, and tends to write to a group of people
> looking to have their fears confirmed, vs actually learning something.

I would have to diagree.  There is no way this guy is serious, and you
just fell for a joke (a very good joke).  If you read it again I think
you will see a bit Johnathan Swift in there
(http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html) ;-).

> it's a sad state, but this is what some kids and computer professionals
> alike have to deal with.

Or when kids and computer professionals can no longer deal with this :).

What happened to all those cs majors who came over from the english
department?

--
Chad David        davidc@acns.ab.ca
ACNS Inc.         Calgary, Alberta Canada