Date:      Fri, 1 Feb 2002 13:58:55 -0600
From:      Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
To:        Drew Tomlinson <drew@mykitchentable.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Has Lynx Changed In 4.5?  Bug?

In the last episode (Feb 01), Drew Tomlinson said:
> I use ZoneEdit as the nameserver for my domain.  My IP address is
> dynamic so it changes occasionally.  I have used lynx to update
> ZoneEdit for the past year or so and it has worked flawlessly.  I
> just send this command (my mailer will surely wrap the line):
>
> lynx -source -auth=mylogin:mypass
> 'http://dynamic.zoneedit.co/auth/dynamic.html?host=www.mykitchentable.
> net'
>
> After upgrading my 4.4 to 4.5 two days ago, there has been 2 times
> that lynx has sent the wrong IP address to ZoneEdit.  I'm sure it's
> lynx as my logfile indicates the incorrect address.  However most of
> the time it sends the right address.

Define "send the wrong IP address".  Lynx simply opens a connection to
dynamic.zoneedit.co.  I assume they simply use getpeername() to fetch
the IP.  Could you be behind a transparent web proxy, maybe?  When
zoneedit gets the wrong IP, what is it?  Does that dynamic.html page
let you specify the IP on the url line?

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@allantgroup.com