Date:      Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:21:04 +0200 (EET)
From:      "Giorgos Keramidas" <keramida@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@starjuice.net>
Cc:        "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@FreeBSD.org>, cvs-committers@FreeBSD.org, cvs-all@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/etc rc.network src/etc/defaults rc.conf src/share/man/man5 rc.conf.5

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Mon, 04 Feb 2002 14:29:22 PST, "Crist J. Clark" wrote:
>
> >   Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_4)
> >     etc                  rc.network
> >     etc/defaults         rc.conf
> >     share/man/man5       rc.conf.5
> >   Log:
> >   MFC: Make the rc.conf(5) 'log_in_vain' knob an integer.
>
> Do you have any ideas on migrating sysctls to sysctl.conf?
>
> I'm thinking we probably don't want to do it for RELENG_4, but could
> probably afford to for 5.0-RELEASE.

Indeed.  In fact I vaguely remembered rwatson hinting that this should
be done for more variables too.  I found Robert's message at:

  http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl1095087332d&hl=en&selm=200112071703.fB7H3Ew37049_freefall.freebsd.org%40ns.sol.net

A reply from Peter Wemm, said that this is probably OK for 5.x
releases.  This one is available at:

  http://groups.google.com/groups?q=g:thl1095087332d&hl=en&selm=20011208203423.4EA573808_overcee.netplex.com.au%40ns.sol.net

So this means that (including me) we have four people who agree on
this already.  Magnificent :)

- Giorgos