Date:      Thu, 7 Feb 2002 09:01:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      <dwmalone@FreeBSD.org>
To:        yxpan@yahoo.com, dwmalone@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/34536: accept() blocks other threads

Synopsis: accept() blocks other threads

State-Changed-From-To: closed->open
State-Changed-By: dwmalone
State-Changed-When: Thu Feb 7 08:48:18 PST 2002
State-Changed-Why:
I think there is a little more to this PR...

I've done a little more experimentation, and I've found that the
problem is the fact that your process forks. The must set up the
descriptors correctly, but things are subtly different in the child.

I don't know how posix threads and fork are supposed to interact.
Could someone who does know about posix threads say is expected if
you fork? Should threading work in the child?

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=34536