Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:56:20 +0100 (CET)
From:      Søren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
To:        Mike Tancsa <mike@sentex.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RocketRaid133

It seems Mike Tancsa wrote:
> Hi,
> it seems HighPoint has created their own drivers for the 372 based IDE raid
> cards. These *seem* to have a bit more guts and features in them than the
> previous cards. Has anyone worked with them ? The previous drives with the
> ar driver are OK but had limited functionality-- especially when compared
> with the 3ware card which sadly they do not make any more (the 6200 I
> mean). Does anyone have these newer Highpoint cards in production ? Are
> they any good?

We already support the hpt372, and I've just added support for the
hpt374 to -current.

I'm currently being sponsored to make our ATA RAID code work the
way it should, -current is already far ahead, and I've got a
commit to make later today or tomorrow that makes the last
few things regarding failuremode and reporting back to the
config on disk what happend so the controller knows on the
next boot. When this is done rebuilding of failed RAID1's
will hit the tree. When this has settled a bit a full MFC is
planned.

-Søren