Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2002 21:55:26 -0800
From:      Byron Servies <bservies@pacang.com>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Retrieving a list of ACLs for a file

Hi there!

I am working on adding ACL support to the freebsd port of Legato
NetWorker.  Everything appears to be straight forward, with the
exception of retrieving a complete list of the ACLs on a file.

From the acl_get manual page, it appears that there is no way
to retrieve a complete list, but that each ACL type must be
retrieved individually.  My concern is that if new ACL types
are added, the backup will still succeed though the new ACLs
would not actually be backed up.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a good way to retrieve
a complete list, or do I just have to hard code it?

Thanks,

Byron