Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2002 09:13:31 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jason Fried <jfried@cluster.nix.selu.edu>
To:        Andy Sporner <sporner@nentec.de>
Cc:        freebsd-cluster@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Cluster at SLU

Well, I just joined this list last week, I didnt see any posts, so i dont
know. I guess this list includes all types of Clustering Projects that use
FreeBSD.

Your project sound interesting.

Ive been thinking about using some system for process migration, like
mosix but thats only for linux, though I hear that somebody has done the
same for freebsd

Most of the time I spent working on my cluster was to handle the setup of
new nodes, and to handle changing configurations on existing nodes.

Now I just need to get a book on mpi programing and learn how to write
programs to take advantage of this cluster.

Jason Fried

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, Andy Sporner wrote:

> Hi Jason,
>
> I am curious as to the target of this group which I have just joined. I see
> few posts here.   I have a clustering system as well that works for FreeBSD.
> The purpose is to handle application failover.  This weekend (I hope!!!) I will
> release the next version (211) that provides for centralized management of
> nodes in the a cluster (That you can see all the processes and do basic
> administration).  My next attempt after 211 is to handle process migration
> between nodes.
>
> Is the clustering that is present here only representative of Beowulf style
> clustering?
>
> Thanks!
>

> Andy Sporner
>
> PS.  The site is http://www.sporner.com/bsdclusters...

with "unsubscribe freebsd-cluster" in the body of the message