Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 2002 22:47:26 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
Cc:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kern/35969: kernel option PPP_DEFLATE often procudes kernel panics; PPP_BSDCOMP sometimes procudes stalled connections

:I've investigated this case little further.
:I've used cvsup to downgrade my home system to
:tag=RELENG_4 date=2002.02.13.00.00.00
:
:Now it does not panic.
:So it's possible that last commit to src/sys/net/if_ppp.c broke something:
:
:revision 1.67.2.2
:date: 2002/02/13 00:43:10;  author: dillon;  state: Exp;  lines: +4 -3
:MFC remove the MFREE() mbuf macro and cleanup twists in related code.
:
:Eugene Grosbein

    Hmm.  That change should not have made any difference, but it's easy
    to test... upgrade your system to 2002.02.13.00.50.00 (just after
    my commit) and see if the bug comes back.  If it does I will run through
    that entire commit.  I perused it just now and did not see anything
    specifically wrong.

					-Matt
					Matthew Dillon
					<dillon@backplane.com>