Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 102 18:31:54 GMT
From:      <monk@mentorhigh.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   User migration problems again...

I appreciate all the help I have gotten so far. I am trying to move users from a
LinuxPPC box to 4.5. I have managed to add entries to the master.passwd file and
run the command 'pwd_makedb' ok, but it won't let me do it for the passwd file.
It gives me an error on line 3 which is the root line which is the following:

root:*:0:0:Charlie &:/root:/usr/local/bin/bash

Is there anything wrong with that?

Also the passwords don't work either for the users that I have migrated. Is this
an encryption problem or am I doin something else wrong?

Thanks again-

Shaun Newcomer
monk@mentorhigh.com