Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 2002 00:29:48 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        "Jeff Jeter" <gsfgf@softhome.net>, "Benjamin Krueger" <benjamin@macguire.net>
Cc:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: I killed my network

mount -u /

and then edit the file.

On Saturday 20 April 2002 11:38 pm, Jeff Jeter wrote:
| I tried to edit /etc/rc.conf and now the machine won't boot.  It gives me a
| syntax error in the file and brings me to a shell selection in the middle
| of the boot process before logon.  From this shell (doesn't matter which) i
| can do some things, but i can't edit (w/ ee or vi) rc.conf nor delete it.
| What can i do?  I do have a cd.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

http://www.eff.org                      http://www.programming-freedom.org

If you smell the smoke you don't need to be told what you've got to do;
Yet there's a certain breed, so very in-between, they'd rather take a
vote.   -- DEVO  --  Here To Go