Date:      Fri, 26 Apr 2002 03:34:44 +0100
From:      Jose Gabriel J Marcelino <gabriel@maquina.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Athlon XP with NVIDIA AGP problem

Hi,

Same thing here on the A7V333 (VIA KT333), Athlon XP 1600+ and a
Geforce2MX 400 64Mb, this setup was working just fine under
 a A7M266 board (AMD 760 DDR chipset) before.

As soon as I get into X-Window the system locks up (no automatic
reset on my system), sometimes it takes a couple of seconds more
and I even get to see Enlightment fully up with the background.

I've tried 3 BIOS versions already, the latest one (1006) still
shows this problem. I was thinking of returning the board when I
tried my old Matrox G450 and now I don't have any trouble with
that (I still get a lot of periodic hiccups with audio, either
from the internal cmedia chip or even if I plug in a Yamaha DS1
and disable internal audio)

I've even asked a friend to lend me his Windows XP hard drive to
try it with and it got all the hardware working with no
problems, so this is something FreeBSD is doing (or not doing).
However under windows audio still has problems, it just sounds
different.

I have full verbose boot logs:

Booting with the Nvidia card
http://devils.maquina.com/~gabriel/a7v333.nvidia.1006

Booting with the Matrox G450 (works)
http://devils.maquina.com/~gabriel/a7v333.matrox.1006

I can try things, I just don't where to start to solve this type
of problems. VIA doesn't have easily downloadable docs either :(

Thanks for any info or help. It's not really a big problem for me
since I have the Matrox working, but I guess new users will be
hurt by this.

Gabriel