Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 14:17:39 +0200
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        Lutz Horn <lutz@lutz-horn.de>
Cc:        Scott Mitchell <scott.mitchell@mail.com>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Xircom CreditCard 10/100 Configuration

Hi all,

Just to mention; there is a problem with the driver for some cards.
I have a CEM28 combo card, of which only the modem works, same problems
as you for the net part.

I tried to make it work by hard coding some values in the driver, which
got it activated, but the MAC address was wrong and it didn't work right.
For now I'm stuck with it. NetBSD people say the driver needs to be rewritten
but that's too much work for me right now (and I lack the knowledge to do so ;)

So, until somebody fixes the driver so it works for all the noncardbus 16bit
Xircom cards, I guess it's a dead end. Sorry.

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers
UNIX System Administrator