Date:      Sat, 4 May 2002 22:51:26 -0800
From:      John Andersen <jsa@pen.homeip.net>
To:        "Jeff Shevlen" <jeff@passedpawn.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mysql & ISP hostname

On Sunday 05 May 2002 01:06 am, Jeff Shevlen wrote:
> I don't know how MySQL manages it's networking, but is there a way to
> change this behavior?  Is there maybe some way to have MySQL do a DNS
> lookup (or use /etc/hosts somehow...) so I don't have to use the ISP's
> assigned name?

If you have a static why would your isp assign your host name?
Are you still required to use dhcp?  (I've know a few ISPs that
require everyone to use dhcp, and just make a table entry for
static ips by mac address).

If using dhcp, set the option that does NOT request a host
name from your isp and just set your own.