Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 06:47:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      martin <mymarrandy@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   economic low power computers

--0-96131669-1021384036=:60753

Hello.

This may be   'off topic'  so replies off-list would be appreciated.

I`m looking for a low power consumption computer at a reasonable price that
can handle (probably has them on board) Two NIC`s.  It will be a
firewall/router/server.

I have considered a notebook but am not sure that they can handle Two
pcmcia ethernet cards simultaneously. (Although with USB and USB NIC's,
this might work.)

Some of the really low powered ones on a general search (20 Watts) come
back with a price in the $5-8,000 range.

I don`t need much more than 500MHz and less than $1,000 would be nice.

Manufacturer and model number would be appreciated and a     "we use this on and it only draws xx watts and works great",   would be a bonus.

Regards...

LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
--0-96131669-1021384036=:60753

<P>Hello.</P>
<P>&nbsp;</P>
<P>This may be&nbsp;&nbsp; 'off topic'&nbsp; so replies off-list would be appreciated.&nbsp; <BR><BR>I`m looking for a low power consumption computer at a reasonable price that<BR>can handle (probably has them on board) Two NIC`s.&nbsp; It will be a<BR>firewall/router/server.<BR><BR>I have considered a notebook but am not sure that they can handle Two<BR>pcmcia ethernet cards simultaneously. (Although with USB and USB NIC's,<BR>this might work.)<BR><BR>Some of the really low powered ones on a general search (20 Watts) come<BR>back with a price in the $5-8,000 range.<BR><BR>I don`t need much more than 500MHz and less than $1,000 would be nice.<BR><BR>Manufacturer and model number would be appreciated and a&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; "we use this on and it only draws xx watts and works great",&nbsp; &nbsp;would be a bonus.</P>
--0-96131669-1021384036=:60753--