Date:      Thu, 30 May 2002 09:19:41 -0500
From:      "Troy Thoele" <thoele@txcyber.com>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Pro's and Con's of FreeBSD vs Linux for embedded systems?

Here is my 2 cents.

I looked at PicoBSD when it first came out, with the prebuilt single
floppies and the first Pico tools.

I now run a multitude of FreeBSD 4.5 servers, but I've just about given up
with Pico development.  It looks like Pico isn't staying current with the
mainstream FreeBSD development.  This is unfortunate, as some of us (me)
aren't too good with programming, and if something is broken, I generally
need outside help to fix it.

I've been experimenting with some embedded Linux platforms, and they are
alot more user friendly in my opinion, but lack the "lean and mean" of Pico.

Regards,
Troy