Date:      Thu, 20 Jun 2002 19:22:40 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Lamont Granquist <lamont@scriptkiddie.org>
To:        Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
Cc:        Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>, "Brandon D. Valentine" <bandix@geekpunk.net>, Darren Pilgrim <dmp@pantherdragon.org>, Evan Dower <evantd@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Cyrus vs. UW IMAP (was: Re: I Volunteer)

Cyrus imapd is a real pain in the ass to administer local user accounts
with though.  The cyradm program is extremely deficient.  Its great if you
want to offer people imap e-mail without offering them shell access.  For
local access, though, there's a higher administrative overhead.  I'm back
to using the UW imapd even though I know it is a poorer codebase...