Date:      Sun, 7 Jul 2002 18:08:45 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <sean@chittenden.org>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pcm0 not responding on -CURRENT...

Anyone have any ideas why I'd be able to load snd_pcm.ko, then have it
stop responding as soon as I try and play a sound through it?  The dev
entry disappears after the 1st time I try and use it.  I haven't
recompiled my kernel, the only thing I've done recently was use
bsd-airtools (which I think did something someplace...).

Preloaded elf module "/boot/kernel/snd_pcm.ko" at 0xc047b15c.
pcm0: <ESS Technology Maestro3> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem 0xfaffe000-0xfaffffff irq 5 at device 8.0 on pci0
pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead
pcm0:play:0: play interrupt timeout, channel dead

The only other thing that I can note of any significance for this
laptop is that on shutdown, this laptop will normally freeze hard
after it says "unloading vnlru" or some such.  Anyone have any ideas?

My best/wild/flailing guess is that one of the airtools did something
to my sound card... but I don't know how to reset the hardware config
for the snd card.  eh?  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden