Date:      Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:57:47 +0200
From:      Willem van Engen <wvengen@stack.nl>
To:        Piotr Wozniak <piotr.wozniak@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: doscmd - error

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:09:57 +0200
Piotr Wozniak <piotr.wozniak@cs.put.poznan.pl> wrote:

> >>Hi,
> >>Could you help me?
> >>I have followed steps in man page (doscmd) but with no success..
> >>(I've tested DOS 6.0 and 5.0)
> >>I get messages like this:
> >>--
> >>Uknown interrupt 15 function 4101
> >>Uknown interrupt 15 function ...
> >>doscmd: fatal error int16 func 0x1 only supported in X mode
> >>
> >It looks like your doscmd doesn't have X support compiled in. Do the
> >following as root (assuming you have the system sources installed and
> >of course X11):
> >  # cd /usr/src/usr.bin/doscmd
> >  # make; make install
> >
> >- Willem
> >
> Does doscmd require X support? I have no XFree86 in the system..
> Is it necessary to install it?
int16 keyboard access and of course graphics need X. Unfortunately
many interactive dos programs use int16. It should be possible to
implement at least some int16 functions on the console, but that
has yet to be written.
If you just want to run a certain dos program, you can also run
that program directly from doscmd, see manpage.

- Willem