Date:      Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:12:18 -0700
From:      "Harondel J. Sibble" <help@pdscc.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problems with freebsd access point setup as per sysadmin mag

On 4 Aug 2002 at 23:12, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> The methods described in the sysadmin magazine is not a "Access
> Point," in the normal sense of the word.  Chances are you are running
> into the quagmire that's known as ad-hoc modes (ibss, ibss + create,
> and demo ad-hoc).
After digging through the wicontrol man pages, I started getting that
suspicion.

> The long and the short of it is that you need FreeBSD-stable and
> hostap to make this work reliably.
I am slightly new to FreeBSD, so need to know one thing. which version of
stable do I need? 4.6? or will 4.5 do.  I am currently running 4.5 (February
2002 cd - 4 disc set) from the Freebsdmall.com folks.

Another fellow mentioned getting things working wirh hostap, going to look
into that now.
--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting