Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:37:12 +0100
From:      Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
To:        Bjoern Fischer <bfischer@Techfak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
Cc:        Nick Hibma <n_hibma@freebsd.org>, stable@freebsd.org, re@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: usb MFC? [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD 4.7 Code Freeze]

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:15:29PM +0200, Bjoern Fischer wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>=20
> > has been introduced since 4.6.  Please email the relevant
> > maintainers/committers for any specific bug fixes or enhancements that
> > you think should be MFCed for FreeBSD 4.7.
>=20
> there were some code resyncs with NetBSD's usb stack on -CURRENT.
> Any chances to MFC that? (and USB-2.0? Just dreaming...)
>=20
> With 4.6 I'm experiencing some problems w/ attaching/detaching
> umass devices. The first time it works perfectly, but when I try
> to attach my AJBR-20 a second time, the machine hangs and reboots.
> No chance to drop into debugger, no panic. I tried UMASS_DEBUG
> and stuffed some additional DPRINTFs into umass.c: Nothing. The
> problem is probably somewhere else in the usb stack.
>=20
> Before I dig deeper into -STABLE usb, I'd like to know if there's
> a MFC of the usb stack planned. I don't want to waste my time with
> old code.

There is an MFC planned, but I doubt that it will be in place before
4.7.  There are some problems that I've not fixed in the -current stack
yet and I don't want to inflict them on -stable.

Joe

--=20
"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain;
and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Albert
Einstein, 1921

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV

--HcAYCG3uE/tztfnV--