Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 21:58:18 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg-bsd@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        Josef Karthauser <joe@tao.org.uk>
Cc:        <stable@freebsd.org>, <re@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: usb MFC? [was: HEADS UP: FreeBSD 4.7 Code Freeze]

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2002 at 06:15:29PM +0200, Bjoern Fischer wrote:
> >
> > Before I dig deeper into -STABLE usb, I'd like to know if there's
> > a MFC of the usb stack planned. I don't want to waste my time with
> > old code.
>
> There is an MFC planned, but I doubt that it will be in place before
> 4.7.  There are some problems that I've not fixed in the -current stack
> yet and I don't want to inflict them on -stable.

OTOH, the stuff presently in -stable isn't trouble-free either.  I've been
running your RELENG_4-USB-20020301.patch patches on a number of machines
since you released them, and they have made major improvements to
performance and stability.  For me, the unpatched stable was just too
flaky to be useable; the patched version is not quite perfect but very
useable.