Date:      Sat, 17 Aug 2002 09:58:14 -0400
From:      Dylan Carlson <absinthe@pobox.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Please review: new Java Project docs

Hello,

I have finished a 1st-pass at rewriting the FreeBSD Java Project documentation
into DocBook/SGML source format.  I have transformed the preview version into
HTML.   I would like volunteers to do basic fact-checking and give me their
opinions on where the docs can use improvement.

Specifically, contributions are needed in the following areas, in order of
importance:

1.  Adding items to the FAQ (I know I missed some).

2.  Filling out the "Known Issues" portion of the Release Info sections ... I
know there are open issues currently.

3.  Authors for the following articles:
	3a.  Basics of setting up a Java environment
	3b.  Basics of running and troubleshooting Java applications
	3c.  Benchmarks (ones that we can legally publish)

4.  Artists needed for a logo and other decorations.  Primarily, it would be
nice to have a Project logo for the index page.   Probably nothing bigger
than 300 x 300, royalty-free.  Vector graphics need to be in EPS format, and
bitmaps in PNG.

[ http://home.earthlink.net/~dylancarlson/projects/freebsd/javadoc/ ]

Looking forward to your feedback.   Cheers,
--
Dylan Carlson [absinthe@pobox.com]