Date:      Mon, 19 Aug 2002 18:15:02 +0200
From:      Simon Siemonsma <simon.freebsd@hccnet.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   postfix can't resolve IP adress

When I try to send mail via postfix I get the following message:

Aug 19 17:47:38 fia168-94 postfix/smtp[1418]: BD1EFA1:
to=<majordomo@freebsd.org>, relay=none, delay=25112, status=deferred (Name
service error for freebsd.org: Host not found, try again)

Further everything works well.
I can receive mail using fetchmail, and I can browse the internet and install
ports.

I changed this in my configuration:
Old situation: I used MPD netgraph to access the internet using PPTP with my
Alcatel SpeedTouch modem.

New situation: I did the tweak as described on
http://www.sateh.com/hacks/alcatel.php  and upgraded my modem to the pro
version, so it can use PPP instaed of PPTP.
In addition I enabled the DHCP server in the modem.
I enabled DHCP as described in the handbook. (add bpf to the kernel and add
ifconfig_ed0="DHCP" to /etc/rc.conf
Last I upgraded to 4.6.2 from 4.6.1.
Everything works fine except postfix.

Questions:
-Why isn't postfix able to send mail?
-Why does the rest work? I haven't kernel or userland PPP. When trying to
install PPPoE I found out I already could access the internet and receive
mail.

Simon Siemonsma