Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 2002 03:35:36 -0700
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Gabriel Rocha <gabe@seul.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ipfw on gigabit ethernet

with "em" cards and a 1GHz P3 and ipfw2 and recent fixes (m_getcl())
i had a throughput of ~260kpps with a single accept rule, of
course degrading as the ruleset size increases (i think around 230kpps
with 10 rules but i could be mistaken).
The CPU is a bottleneck there, though i do not know how
fast CPUs you can get on systems with 64-bit PCI slots.

I had good experience with the "em" cards and driver.

	cheers
	luigi