Date:      Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:43:34 +0300
From:      Ari Suutari <ari.suutari@syncrontech.com>
To:        Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>, hselasky@c2i.net
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ihfc driver

Hi,

Good that this driver is making progress. Maybe, someday
I can use cards from my pile-of-hfc-based-isdn-cards.

On Friday 30 August 2002 14:11, Gary Jennejohn wrote:
> hselasky@c2i.net writes:
>
> The stuff you did in the state machines I can't comment on.
>
> The weird dynamic goto's and opaque macros which you use in
> your drivers are IMO not acceptable. If no-one but you understands
> this stuff then we'll have a maintenace nightmare. What if you
> get hit by a truck ?

=09A couple of questions come to my mind:

=09- if this driver would be added as-is to current distribution,
=09  would it break anything ie. would the worst case be
=09  just that new cards supported by this driver wouldn't work ?
         =20
=09- Could it be possible to have one more polishing round
=09  for the driver to cleanup these style issues ?

=09If adding the driver wouldn't break anything, it would
=09make testing of things (and further development) much easier
=09as those interested in using hfc-based cards wouldn't have
=09to patch kernel sources before doing testing.

=09
=09Ari S.