Date:      Fri, 13 Sep 2002 14:39:41 -0400
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Arjan van Leeuwen <avleeuwen@piwebs.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.org, GB <gbrooks@BLUE-MOUSE.COM>
Subject:   Re: A real, live, PR person...

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 08:21:39PM +0200, Arjan van Leeuwen wrote:
> *yes* this sounds good! I also think that a media section on the website, as
> Greg proposes, sounds like a very good idea. Where do we begin? What's the
> first or most important thing that should be done?

First thing that should be done:

Fix the newsflash page, so that "FreeBSD PR Director Quits!" is not
near the top of the list.  Get out your text processor and get to
work. You may get a shiny new email address out of it. :-)

Second, ponder FreeBSD's strengths.  Make a list of what would appear
to the public, to nerds, and to suits.  Ponder some more.  Then post
it here.  (This is taking advantage of a message that Greg sent me,
but I'm going to let him handle the todo list; he knows what the heck
he's doing, I'm just a writer.  :)

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org