Date:      Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:16:38 +0200
From:      Frank Heitmann <fh31415@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Starting programs in X

Hello everybody!

When I start 'emacs' in an xterm window it automatically
opens a new window. I would like this behaviour also for
other programs (slrn and mutt for example).

At this time I do: "xterm -geometry 100x50 -e slrn &",
but I would like to enter just slrn (like I have just to
enter emacs) and  I would also like to read the geometry
setting from .Xresources (like emacs does).

I could create a small script with just the above line in
it to start slrn, but I believe there is another way to do
this - one I do not know yet :)

Cheers,
Frank