Date:      Fri, 8 Nov 2002 02:07:41 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Int 0x15 and VM86 question

    I've been pulling my hair out all night trying to figure out how
    the hell the VM86 code is able to issue an int 0x15 to the BIOS.
    I can't find where it gets the interrupt descriptor table entry
    for int 0x15.  My assumption is that it copies it from the idt
    supplied by the BIOS but I don't see where.  As far as I can tell
    FreeBSD loads a pristine IDT that does not have a record for
    int 0x15.  So how can the VM86 code issue an int 0x15 and have it
    find the BIOS?

    If anyone knows the answer to this, I'm all ears!

						-Matt