Date:      Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:50:44 +0100
From:      Borja Marcos <borjam@sarenet.es>
To:        Borja Marcos <borjamar@sarenet.es>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   MORE: Re: Bug? vm.stats.sys.v_syscall not updated

=09Looking at the kernel sources, I see that in /usr/src/sys/i386/i386/tr=
ap.c,

--- snip

    /*
     * note: PCPU_LAZY_INC() can only be used if we can afford
     * occassional inaccuracy in the count.
     */
    PCPU_LAZY_INC(cnt.v_syscall);

--- snip

=09This seems to be a macro to update a per-CPU variable. But, AFAIK, the=
re is=20
*only* one variable now. Is it correct?=20

=09The ia64 version (/usr/src/sys/ia64/ia64) happily updates this variabl=
e:

---- snip
syscall(int code, u_int64_t *args, struct trapframe *framep)
{
    struct sysent *callp;
    struct thread *td;
    struct proc *p;   =20
    int error =3D 0; =20
    u_int64_t oldip, oldri;
    u_int sticks;

    cnt.v_syscall++;
---- snip

=09What happens here? Is this a bug caught in the middle of a change?

=09BTW... Is there a major change in the sysctl MIB for 5.0-RELEASE? I am=
 using=20
it to get most of the information logged to Orca and I should take it int=
o=20
account.

=09Thanks,

=09Borja.