Date:      Fri, 15 Nov 2002 16:47:42 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   1.4 patchset 1

Hi all,

It is with great pleasure that I announce the first patchset in the
series for the JDK 1.4 on FreeBSD.

This first patchset is only suitable for people interested in helping
with JDK development or tinkering with the code, it should not be
considered ready for general use.  Given that status, there will not
be a port committed to the FreeBSD ports tree until at least patchset 2.

While I don't usually single people out when doing a release, I'd really
like to take this chance to thank Alexey Zelkin and his employer
IonIdea, Inc. for the work that Alexey put into the port.  For a full
list of attributions I encourage people to read the THANKS file.

You can read more and download the patchset at
http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk14.html.

--
Greg Lewis                          Email   : glewis@eyesbeyond.com
Information Technology              FreeBSD : glewis@FreeBSD.org