Date:      Thu, 21 Nov 2002 21:14:15 +0100
From:      "Peter J. Blok" <Peter.Blok@inter.NL.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, pblok@inter.NL.net
Subject:   artsd & ogle

Hi,

I am trying to make ogle work, but it bails out /dev/dsp being busy. Turns out
that artsd has it still open. When I kill artsd, ogle works fine.

It used to work very well, but (I think) since I did a portupgrade from
arts-1.0.3 to arts-1.0.4_1 it stopped working.

My question: does artsd need to keep /dev/dsp open all the time? Should ogle
be able to open /dev/dsp at the same time and not get an error while opening
it?

I am not a member of this list, so please reply to me as well.

Peter