Date:      Fri, 22 Nov 2002 08:37:01 -0800
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        re@FreeBSD.org, gnome@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Making GNOME 2 the default for 5.0-RELEASE

--==_Exmh_-1510648332P

If memory serves me right, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Maxim and I discussed making GNOME 2 the default for 5.0-RELEASE.  Bruce
> said that I needed to contact re about this, so that's what I'm doing.=20

Weird...I can't remember saying this, but OK.  :-)

> What do you need for us to make this happen?  Thanks.

The main two things that have to happen from a mechanical perspective
are that we need to edit print-cdrom-packages.sh to put the gnome2
metapackage into the disc1 package split rather than gnome1, and that
sysinstall needs to call for gnome2 from its desktop configuration
menu.  Both of these are pretty easy.

Only questions I can think of are:  1) Do you guys have any ideas as to
what the disk space requirements might be for GNOME 2 vs. GNOME?  2) If
you're talking about making GNOME 2 the default, then all of the build
issues on CURRENT are fixed (at least for the moment), right?

Bruce.

--==_Exmh_-1510648332P

--==_Exmh_-1510648332P--