Date:      Thu, 26 Dec 2002 02:16:24 +0000
From:      lewiz <purple@lewiz.info>
To:        FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   3c589/PCMCIA.

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

Hi,

  I've just got hold of a laptop for Christmas.  It has a PCMCIA network
card - a 3COM EtherLink III 3C589.  I am way out of date and still have
Coax running around my house, so it needs to be using the 10Base2 not
10BaseT.

  My problem is, the card is detected as ep0 yet I have a feeling that
it might be better as zp0.  I am not certain about this.

  The problem is - while it gets detected, quite well, I think.  I can
see lights change on the NIC as it detects it, which suggests the
probing is working fine.  It doesn't actually communicate with the
netwrok.  When I try and resolve my address via DHCP it doesn't flash or
anything.  Maybe I'm missing something.  I can provide any information
required.

  Any help would be much appreciated,

-lewiz.

--=20
No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife in the shoulder blades will
seriously cramp his style.
--|| url: http://lewiz.info/ | http://www.westwood.karoo.net/pgpkey ||--

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE--