Date:      Sat, 25 Jan 2003 08:27:32 +0200
From:      Alexandr Kovalenko <never@nevermind.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.0 PR is not very good...

Hello,

Just found very good article @osnews.com about PRing 5.0-RELEASE:

You know, it is true.

I would like to start new initiative inside FreeBSD Project to promote
FreeBSD worldwide. The aims and tasks of project will be:

	- make press releases on all possible languages about significant
	  events in FreeBSD projects;
	- pass those press releases to all local mass media, either on- or
	  offline;
	- working together with publishers so that they will issue handbook
	  on local language (if avaliable);
	- working with authors to help them make _good_ books about FreeBSD,
	  not
	  bad-translated-handbook-not-having-any-clue-what-is-being-translated;
	- working with CD publishers so that they will issue FreeBSD boxes
	  (here in Kiev, Ukraine, I can find only different flavours of
	  Linux being sold, and only once I've seen 4.5-RELEASE 4CD box,
	  when 4.7 was out, I've asked consultant, and he said that they had
	  7 such boxen and sold them very fast (2 days)), there is demand
	  for such boxs everywhere, but, for example here in .ua we cannot
	  buy those 4CD boxes. Yes we can buy it from overseas, but pricing
	  is too high compared to our local salaries :/

I would like to ask if anyone interested in this?

P.S. Sorry for my very bad English, I hope you understood me.

--
NEVE-RIPE, will build world for food
Ukrainian FreeBSD User Group